Monday 24 September 2012

OJ Reviewing: Doctor Who series 5

Well thank you very much for the hits I had on my last review, I'm glad you liked it.

  Series five introduces Matt Smith and Karen Gillan as the new TARDIS crew. The first episode 'The Eleventh Hour' was very good and is considered the best of Smith's stories. It had the Doctor meet a little girl called Amelia and then the Doctor comes back years later making Amy Pond the only companion to know the Doctor since being a child. It was interesting with the story arc through the series and it was fun to see each crack. I liked many episodes in this series ans the monsters have been great along with quite a lot of emotion that is quite popular in DW since good ol' Series 4. 'The Pandorica Opens' is an absolute awesome episode with loads of aliens, references and even made the Cybermen scary again; the cliffhanger was great and you desperately wanted to see the next one which...... was a disappointment -  big one. You know I haven't liked the finale's of Doctor Who since series 2 but 'The Big Bang' has to be the ultimate worst, it felt like a quick getaway from the one before and I still don't get the whole "rebooting the universe" thing so if you could explain that to me I would be very thankful. So apart from the very last episode it was really great and the Christmas special was the first one that wasn't set on Earth and I didn't mind that too much but anyway, I like Matt Smith and he is my favourite incarnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment