Tuesday 11 September 2012

OJ Reviewing: War Horse

If Forrest Gump was a horse...

 I haven't read the book before watching this so I didn't quite know what the plot was apart from a horse in World War I. So I watched it and it wasn't quite as I had expected; from the trailer you expect this boy to lose his horse then it has both sides of their story but no, its all about the horse; I thought there would be a main human character but I don't even think Jeremy Irvine's character could be classed as one. And talking about that when watching this don't get attached to any characters because almost ever owner of the horse dies or it is taken off them, I was expecting more screen time of Tom Hiddleston at least and Bennedict Cumberbatch probably just scraped through as an extended cameo. The story, though, was great and I liked where it went and I will defiantly be reviewing the book as I think it is actually written from the horse's point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment