Tuesday 19 February 2013

OJ's Game Review - New Super Mario Bros. Wii

It's been out a while and I waited so I could get the cheaper one and I had to complete the game so finally: my review!

New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I enjoy Mario games a lot and have loved playing Mario Kart so when I saw this advertised I thought I must have it. And so as the months went on I finally bought it; I'd played it before at a friends house but not extensively and eventually when I inserted that disc into my Wii console I played every single day, that was January 14th (2013) and now all the way into February 19th I still have two Star Coins to get! So it is defiantly a challenge for me and probably for most others. I can't really review the plot because it's not about the plot, its about playing the game. All the plot really is is that Princess Peach is kidnapped and Mario has to save her from Bowser, there is a sort of plot twist towards the end but nothing major. The game play though is super fun; I played a bit of the Mario on the computer every now and again so I knew the mechanics of how to do things but on the TV it was a blast. I liked that you got to go to different worlds and then there were secret exits and other cool stuff. The enemies were harder than I imagined (you know what I mean for those of you on 9-5 without a penguin suit!) and some of the over-all levels where pretty tricky and I admit I had to call in a friend to help on one or two, but multi-player is lots of fun too. I liked the whole landscape and look of each world as well, my least favourite  though, is World 3, I don't know what It was, I just didn't enjoy it. But I've had loads of fun playing the game and hopefully will do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment