Wednesday 24 April 2013

OJ's Movie Review - Oblivion

Wow. Okay then. Oblivion.

Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman, yes that's right, Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman. Sometimes you just go to the movies and watch something you never expected at all. Before viewing this I watched reviews, asked opinions and looked up the general view so that all pointed to this movie being rubbish or boring, or not much too it. So then I'm walking in now not expecting much at all from a maybe 1 and half hour film - not expecting the 2 hour sci-fi mystery I witnessed! People said that this film didn't have much of a plot but they must have been watching something else! This movie had twist after twist after twist! The pieces getting together in your mind was almost like that of Inception; I mean this is a very interesting, complex - yet slightly simple concept that you don't see very often at all. To start off with it was very much like Wall-E and then had sets like that of The Time Machine and plot strands from i, Robot. All of that mixed together I have to go against most reviews and say I really enjoyed this. Oblivion for me was an unexpected surprise I liked. Oh, and by the way, the CGI in this movie was awesome; the whole atmosphere  landscapes, the ruins, looked brilliant. So yes, Oblivion is a good movie for people who love a good mystery but then also understand the revelation as some maybe need another watch or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment