Wednesday 5 June 2013

OJ's Movie Review - Fast & Furious 6

Oh well, maybe next time.

Fast & Furious 6. Wow. Six. The sixth film of the franchise - a franchise which started off as a little racing movie and then an undercover cop movie and then a Japanese drifting movie and then something else and then a heist and really this franchise has gone everywhere, which so far I think is pretty good - I've enjoyed watching these movies; Fast Five I thought was great and was was pretty looking forward to the whole Letty mystery; and then I watched Fast & Furious 6. Now, some parts of this movie I liked, it was good, what you'd expect from an F&F movie but for quite a bit there was just pointless things. I mean really pointless things, scenes that happened that made you question what on earth was going on, most of this was due to unnecessary violence - and I don't mean "oh! lots of people fighting, I don't like it!" I mean really, people just walk into a room and suddenly they fight - for no reason! That got a bit annoying; and then talking of unnecessary things: Letty. Yes, the entire Letty mystery wasn't needed at all; the only reason I could see for bringing her back was to give Dom some motivation to get the bad guys and extra screen time for Paul Walker, that whole thing could have been done better. But apart from all that, the racing was fun to watch and you can laugh at the humor, even if some was unintended. I recommend it for the Fast & Furious fans but not for the average movie goer unless all you want in a movie is 'who's The Rock gonna beat up next?'.
    The very last scene though is almost worth the whole movie, it ties in Tokyo Drift exeltantly and sets up next years Fast & Furious 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment