Friday 22 August 2014

The OJ Reviews 2nd Anniversary


Well hello there. It's been two years since I started this little website and already I've done 104 reviews! If you're new to my site then welcome, and these anniversary posts just show you some site stats, changes to the site and upcoming reviews.

Stats

Numbers

Page views of all time - 23, 558
Comments of all time - 7
Total Members - 9
Top Three Countries that visit The OJ Reviews - 
  1. United States (11434)
  2. United Kingdom (3437)
  3. Germany (1109)

Posts

First Ever Post - OJ Reviewing: Megamind (http://bit.ly/1nQ3SN5)
Most Viewed Post Ever - OJ's TV Review - Person of Interest season 2 (http://bit.ly/1rapOFd)
Longest Review Ever - OJ's Movie Reviews - Transformers 1, 2 & 3 (http://bit.ly/V6Yrlj)
Shortest Review Ever - OJ Reviewing: Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (http://bit.ly/1c4lpvT)

Changes to the Site

Right, now the only things I'm changing about The OJ Reviews is just the way I review media.

First off, when I write my review instead of keeping it in one big chunk of text, I'll split it up into paragraphs making it easier to read and separating different thoughts or opinions.

  Secondly, the rating system, I've tried going by words or descriptions for the past year and I didn't really feel it showed my ultimate conclusion accurately enough so now I'll simply be doing it out of ten, which will look like this:

10/10

 

Upcoming Reviews

After this post I will be doing a Back In Time review of what's considered the very first film ever made. After that I plan on reviewing films such as Kingsman: The Secret Service starring Colin Firth, also The Judge with Robert Downey Jr. and Christopher Nolan's space epic Interstellar. With television I'll be looking back on season 4 of Falling Skies, Peter Capaldi's first run in Doctor Who and next year I have a whole load of Marvel including Agent Carter and Daredevil. With games I'm still planning on LEGO Marvel Superheroes which is late due to a technical fault and the only book I'm reading is Exposure so expect those soon!

Shoutouts and Thanks

I'd like to thank two people who gave me a shoutout in the past year those were Hayden Lang on his website 52 Movies in 52 Weeks and also @primeval_official on Instagram gave a shoutout to one of my Primeval reviews so thanks guys! 

So that's basically it for this anniversary post; I always enjoy doing my reviews and get great pleasure when I see new members start to follow or even people commenting and giving a +1! Don't forget, The OJ Reviews is also on Instagram, Google Plus, Rotten Tomatoes, Tumblr, and Pinterest - links at the very bottom of the website. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment